- 1 1/2 pound fresh or thawed, frozen cod fillets
- 1/4 cup green peppers, diced (optional)
- 3 strips bacon
- 4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pound peeled white potatoes, cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- 3 cup boiling water
- 1 No. 2-1/2 can tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed, or 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 3 large peeled carrots, cut in 3/4 inch cubes
- Saute bacon in deep kettle or dutch oven until lightly browned; then set bacon aside.
- In same kettle, saute onions until tender.
- Add fish cut in 2 1/2 inch pieces; add next seven ingredients.
- Simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, heat through.
- Garnish with parsley and bacon bits.