- 2 1/4 cup milk, scalded
- 2 cup coarse day-old bread crumbs
- 3 cup grated processed American cheese, (3/4 pound)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 eggs, separated
- Heat oven to moderate, 375f.
- Cool scalded milk.
- Combine next 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add milk; mix well.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; stir slowly into bread mixture.
- Beat egg whites stiff but not dry; fold in.
- Turn into greased 2-quart casserole; set in pan filled with warm water to 1 inch from top of casserole.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown and firm at center.