- 2 cups red rice, cooked (2 cups cooked is about 1 cup raw)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, or one can drained
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup almond slivers, toasted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- parley to garnish
- In a large bowl toss the rice, chickpeas, orange sections, cranberries and almonds together.
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together the olive oil, orange juice, vinegar and seasoning.
- Dress the rice salad with the orange juice mixture. Garnish with parsley.